The cottages most suitable for guests with limited mobility are Cheviot View, The Granary and The Hemmel.
Whilst the accommodation provided in each is not specially designed to cater for all levels of mobility, these cottages are roomy, practical and comfortable to use.
Specifically, each cottage has the following benefits:
1. Wide car parking bays close to the entrance, with hard, level access from car to door.
2. Front doors push inwards.
3. Flooring in living areas is hard and flat, with unobstructed routes to principle furniture.
4. No steps at entrance or anywhere inside.
5. No rugs or mats.
6. Wide corridors.
7. Firm bed surfaces not less than 450mm in height.
8. Remote control for TV, CD, DVD and i-pod, and cordless kettles.
9. Door / drawer / window handles all easy to use.
10. Doors with clear openings not less than 670mm.
11. Wash basins and bath taps with lever attachments.
12. Walk-in showers.
13. Slip resistant bath mats, perching stool, raised wc seat, and portable bathroom handrails are available on request.
Please note that none of the bathrooms are wet rooms. Walk-in showers are not accessible by wheelchair as the shower trays are raised between 3 and 6 inches off the floor.
Burnfoot Holiday Cottages
Burnfoot, Netherton, Northumberland National Park, NE65 7EY