The Granary ( sleeps 6 )
The Granary is a luxury self-catering holiday cottage on the edge of Northumberland National Park, near Alnwick, Cragside, Hadrian's Wall and Rothbury, as well as Bamburgh, Craster and
Seahouses on Northumberland's Heritage Coast.
An L-shaped cottage created from the original grain store and chicken coop, this one-level, self-catering holiday cottage is the largest of our three-bedroom barn conversions and offers
the last word in open-plan living. It is extremely light and spacious and has terraces at the front and rear from which to enjoy fantastic views of the Cheviots and Northumberland National Park.
Accommodation in The Granary
- Bright, glazed entrance hall with two storage cupboards.
- For guests who want their own 'Grand Designs' open-plan living space on holiday, how about a thirty-foot long south-facing glazed wall on one side, with a full height ceiling showing off the
roof timbers, and a fully glazed door on the other side leading to an outside terrace? This incredibly relaxing exercise in light and space is home to contemporary leather sofas matched with
leather dining chairs around a solid oak dining table with a matching huge oak sideboard, as well as a contemporary log-burning stove (for which a sturdy fireguard is available), and a flat-screen
television with Freeview and DVD player.
- Well equipped oak kitchen with integrated stainless steel hob, oven and chimney hood, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge, separate countertop freezer and microwave.
- In the bedroom wing is a delightfully private master bedroom with its own en-suite with a walk-in shower, a king-size solid oak bed, matching dressing table, and views towards the Cheviots.
- Further along the bedroom wing are two twin bedrooms, both of which have zip-link beds so they can be made up as super-king-size doubles if preferred.
- Light, modern family bathroom with electric shower and glazed shower screen over the bath.
- Free Wi-Fi is available throughout this cottage.
- Enclosed lawned gardens to front and rear.
- Both gardens have terraces leading off the living room. The large, fully-enclosed rear garden affords views of the Cheviot Hills, has outside furniture to seat six guests, and is a great place to spot our
resident owl who perches on the tennis court fence most evenings.